Updated: Feb 2, 2021
Warm, crispy, cinnamon-y sweet apple fries! These are so easy to make, and so worth it! They're 100% vegan and allergen free, plus they only take 5 simple ingredients to make!
Yields: ~30 apple fries
For the apple fries
1 large apple (I prefer Honeycrisp for this recipe)
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup corn starch
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
Veg/Canola oil for frying
A food thermometer
A tool to remove your fries from the oil
a couple paper towels
1. Wash, peel, and cut your apple into sticks.
2. In a medium bowl, toss the apple sticks in lemon juice and let set.
3. In a small pot, heat at least 3 inches of oil on medium heat to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Add the corn starch and a pinch of salt to your apple sticks and mix until they're all coated.
5. In a flat container, combine your sugar and cinnamon and set aside for later.
6. When your oil is heated to 360 degrees F, add about 7 apple fries to the oil, or as many as can comfortably fit. Fry for 2-3 minutes, flipping if necessary. Remove from the oil when they're crispy and lightly browned and them place on a paper towel to drain any excess oil. Add more fries to the oil and, as they fry, toss the finished apple fries in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Repeat until they've all been fried.
7. Let cool, serve, and enjoy!
Feel free to comment below or reach me on Instagram @eats.by.eli if you have any questions, if you have made this recipe, and if so, what you thoughts were! Best wishes!