Updated: Feb 2, 2021
These bite-sized babies are crispy, cheesy, and full of flavor! They only take 30 minutes oven time or 15 minutes air fryer time, and are the perfect side dish for your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner! Stuffed with sliced garlic and your choice of cheese, these cuties are as fun to make as they are to eat! They're a real crowd-pleaser!
Yields: 40 baby potatoes
40 white rose baby potatoes (1-1.5 inches in size, no bigger)
10 medium sized cloves of garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp rosemary, fresh but dry is good too
1 tsp parsley, fresh or dry (I used dry)
1 tsp salt, fine
1/2 tbsp black pepper (~5 twists from a pepper grinder)
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp chili powder
2-3 slices of vegan & nut-free cheese (I use Violife or Chao)
1. Rinse potatoes clean and, on a cutting board, place two skewers parallel from each other. Place a potato, one by one in between the skewers and make thin slices across the backs of each one, stopping when the knife hits the skewers. Transfer them onto your baking sheet, I used a french fry pan.
2. Peel and thinly slice your garlic cloves. Stuff about 1/4 of a sliced clove in between the cuts of each potato. I kept to a pattern, placing one slice of garlic between every 2 cuts in each potato.
3. Cut your cheese slices into small squares/rectangles and stuff some in between the cuts of your potatoes.
4. Preheat your oven or air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. In a small dish, combine your olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, parsley, salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder. Using a basting brush, mix and coat each potato with this mixture. This is where the magic happens!
6. Bake them in the oven at 400 for 30 minutes, then turn on broil for 5 minutes (optional). If you're using an air fryer, bake them for 15 minutes! Serve and enjoy!
Feel free to comment below or reach me on Instagram @eats.by.eli if you have any questions, if you have made this recipe, and if so, what you thoughts were! Best wishes!